Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Gensco currently has an amazing opportunity available to join our Human Resources Team at our Corporate Offices in Tacoma, WA as a Payroll & Benefits Coordinator! If you are looking to grow your career in Human Resources with a highly successful, family-owned company that is a recognized industry leader, then Gensco may be the right fit for you!
Schedule - Monday-Friday Day Shift
Full Time - starting pay range $25.00-$32.00 per hour based on experience
- Make customer service for both external and internal customers the top priority
- Assist with payroll processing, auditing, and distribution activities
- Support and assist with the administration of Team Member benefits
- Assist with the maintenance of Team Member personnel records and files
- Perform general administrative support functions for the HR Team
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Payroll and Benefits Support
- Support the administration and processing of the weekly, semi-monthly and any out of cycle payrolls
- Review and prepare for processing new hire documents, Team Member status and/or position changes, terminations, benefit enrollments and other personnel related functions
- Manage and respond to any Team Member and/or Manager inquiries regarding payroll or benefits
- Assist with payroll and benefits analysis, data gathering and reporting as requested
- Assist with providing payroll information for industrial insurance and unemployment claims
- Assist in reconciling payroll and benefits reports, auditing payroll and benefits records, forms, and documents
- Audit data that has been entered into the payroll system by the Payroll Specialist
- Be the primary back-up for payroll processing
- Support Team Member benefit administrative activities
- Assist with internal communication, promotion, and education efforts regarding Team Member benefits
2. Administrative Support
- Assist in creating, maintaining, and auditing Team Member personnel records and employment related documents and files
- Provide back-up support for preparation and distribution of new hire packets to Hiring Managers
- Sort and distribute the HR Department mail and correspondence daily
- Code and process HR Department invoices
- Perform various administrative duties including, but not limited to, data entry, filing, ordering/maintaining department office supplies, special projects, etc.
- Assist with HR’s efforts in tracking, reporting, and monitoring compliance with HR SOPs
- Must have High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 or 4-year degree preferred
- Previous experience with payroll and benefits administration preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage details and meet deadlines with 100% accuracy in a multi-task environment
- Customer service-oriented approach, respond to requests with a sense of urgency
- Proactive, self-motivated, able to recognize issues and resolve or escalate appropriately
- Strong computer skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willing to “think outside of the box” and identify process improvement opportunities.
- High degree of honesty, ethics, and integrity with prior work experience handling confidential information
Gensco, Inc. is a successful HVAC wholesale distributor and manufacturer doing business in the Northwest for over 75 years. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service and value to our customers and providing opportunity and job satisfaction for our 1,000+ Team Members throughout Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, and Alaska.
Gensco's Mission: "Provide all of our Customers with quality products and services the first time, every time, and to provide all Team Members opportunity and job satisfaction."
Comprehensive and competitive benefits package including:
- Healthcare coverage of medical, dental and vision available first of the month following date of hire
- Generous discretionary Profit Sharing and 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off including vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for 2 year and 4-year degree programs
- Post high-school scholarship opportunity for Team Member’s children
Gensco is a drug free company and EOE.
If you are interested in joining our winning team, please apply online at https://Gensco.applytojob.com.