Branch Inventory Coordinator
Exciting things are happening at Gensco!
We are GROWING within our Purchasing Department and are looking to add a Branch Inventory Coordinator to help support an incredible Team.
Schedule Monday-Friday, Day Shift
Full Time - Starting pay range $22 - $28.50/hour based on experience
What Gensco Can Offer You as a Team Member:
- You won’t be just a number
- Plenty of upward mobility and training
- Be a part of a diverse team with a multitude of skillsets and talents
- Work in a collaborative environment
The Branch Inventory Coordinator will attain company customer service and branch inventory and efficiency goals and perform a full range of inventory, replenishment and supply chain responsibilities. This role will also work directly with Purchasing Manager, Buyers, Purchasing Agents and all Gensco stakeholders, as well as our sister company, Slakey Brothers, stakeholders.
What You’d Be Doing:
1. Inventory Management & Replenishment
- Meet company goals of service level & inventory turns.
- Regularly review product lines & items to determine if replenishment is needed.
• Determine where replenishment stock should come from, how it should get there, and how
• Identify and correct shortages and outages immediately – use critical inventory report, and all
available reports to identify and resolve.
• Initiate buy out as needed so internal shortages are transparent to customer.
- Identify overstock, slow mover, non-mover inventory and communicate to Buyers/PA’s,
Sales/Marketing or local branch for resolution.
- Manage the inventory of seasonal items using historical data, input from branch ops and sales,
and supplier tools to determine timely orders.
- Review NS to Stock reporting to proactively recommend new stocked items in all branch locations.
- Review and coordinate adjustments to item replenishment settings with Buyers and Purchasing
- Review open PO and open Transfer orders created by the Purchasing team and work directly with
Branches, DC’s & Accounting to resolve.
- Daily review of Critical Inventory portals and creation of replenishment transfers.
2. Communication – External and Internal
- Routinely solicit and use feedback from the field and other departments particularly in regard
to changes in sales or customer trends.
- Provide feedback on how the information was used and the results of the action as
- Utilize written communication skills to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with Buyers, Purchasing Agents &
Branch Managers to proactively update and adjust branch stocking levels.
The Company You’d Be Supporting:
Gensco, Inc. is a successful HVAC wholesale distributor and manufacturer doing business in the Pacific Northwest for over 70 years. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service and value to our customers and providing opportunity and job satisfaction for our 900+ Team Members throughout Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, and Alaska.
Gensco’s Mission: “Provide all of our customers with quality products and services the first time, every time, and to provide all Team Members with opportunity and job satisfaction.
• AA degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3+ years related experience at Gensco/Slakey Brothers or equivalent preferred
• Excellent knowledge of the products Gensco and Slakey Brothers sells
• Understanding of Gensco and Slakey Brothers operations, distribution and warehouse
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Organizational and negotiating skills
• Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
• Analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proactive, self-motivated, able to recognize issues and resolve or escalate
• Strong people skills, recognizes when to use formal or informal style, not easily intimidated,
accessible, ability to say “no” in a firm but polite manner to customers and vendors
• Strong decision-making abilities, understands impact and implications of decisions
• Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize and follow through
• Willing to think creatively and identify improvement and money saving opportunities
• Positive approach toward challenging situations
• Able to operate computer terminal, calculator and other office machines
• Able to communicate with the public in person and on the phone
• Able to work sitting or standing and to move freely throughout the facility
• Able to lift and carry equipment, supplies and inventory on a frequent basis
Our team members enjoy excellent wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include health care coverage, LTD, 401k Profit Sharing Retirement plan, paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Come join our successful team! Gensco is a drug free company and EOE.
For an opportunity to join our winning team, please apply online at https://Gensco.applytojob.com/